POWER IN PREPAREDNESS! Week 8: Vehicle Preparedness
Family Home Evening—Choose what works for your family.
The Handcart Song, and Pioneer Children Sang As They Walked (Children’s Songbook, p. 220 and p. 214); Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel (Hymns, p. 252)
Book of Mormon Story
The brother of Jared builds barges.
Read Ether 2:13-25, Ether 3:1-15.
- How many barges did the brother of Jared build?
- What did the barges look like?
Like a dish
- How many stones did he make and why did he ask Jesus to touch them?
He made sixteen stones, so they would provide light in the barges.
- What did the brother of Jared see when Jesus touched the stones?
He saw the Lord’s finger, then he was shown his whole body.
- The Lord will guide us in our preparations to care for our personal stewardships.
- We can take the initiative to make preparations that suit our personal circumstances.
- We can prepare for traveling emergencies by storing supplies in our vehicles.
- Assemble emergency kits for each car.
- Practice changing a tire.
- “Blizzard” shakes
- Extreme sherbet
- 1 3-oz. package gelatin, any flavor (Lime is yummy!)
- 1 c. boiling water
- Mix gelatin in blender with:
- 1 c. sugar
- ¾ c. non-instant dry milk powder (or 1⅓ c. instant milk)
- 2 c. cold water
- ½ c. lime or lemon juice
- Freeze until mushy.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Freeze again.